U.K. North Sea: Seagull Project
This is a project to develop crude oil and natural gas promoted by Neptune E&P UK Ltd. as an operator in the U.K. North Sea Offshore Block (commonly known as Seagull Block) off the coast of Aberdeen, U.K.
JAPEX acquired interests in the block through our local subsidiary JAPEX UK E&P Ltd. (JUK) in 2014 to participate in the project from the exploration stage.
- Under development: Production commencement of crude oil and natural gas is scheduled at early 2023.
- Name: U.K. North Sea P1622 22/29C (Seagull Block)
- Location: Approximately 230km Offshore of Aberdeen, U.K.
- Operator: Neptune E&P UK Ltd.
- Project Company: JAPEX UK E&P Ltd. (JUK: JAPEX consolidated subsidiary, JAPEX investment ratio 100%)
- Participating Interest: Neptune E&P UK Ltd.(35%）, BP Exploration Operating Company Ltd.(50%）, JUK (15%）
Location of Seagull Block (Approximately 300km Offshore of Aberdeen, U.K.)
* Events after our participation only
- March 2014: Acquired interests through JUK to participate in the project.
- November 2015: Succeeded in the crude oil and natural gas production test at the evaluating well.
- March 2019: Made a final decision to invest in the crude oil and natural gas development.
UK Group Tax Strategy
"UK Group Tax Strategy" was published for JAPEX UK E&P Limited and JAPEX UK E&P Central Limited pursuant to Section 161 and PART 2 of Schedule 19 of the UK Finance Act 2016 as below.
- Related News
- Disclosure on March 29, 2019: Final Investment Decision for Seagull Project in U.K. North Sea (187.4KB)
- Disclosure on March 25, 2014: Acquisition of Interest in Exploration Licence, UK North Sea and Establishment of New Subsidiary (99.9KB)