Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd. (JAPEX) is deeply aware that personal information is important information constituting privacy. We handle personal information in accordance with this policy when acquiring, managing, or using it in the course of business.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
JAPEX recognizes that the proper management of personal information is part of compliance. We will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and the Guidelines of the Personal Information Protection Committee, while reviewing and improving this policy as appropriate.
Safety Management Measures
JAPEX handles the obtained personal information in a safe environment with reasonable security measures to prevent leakage, loss, and falsification of the information.
Identification of Purpose of Use
JAPEX uses the acquired personal information only within the scope of the purpose of use notified in advance, or within the scope recognized as being related to the purpose of use. In the event that the purpose of use is changed, the consent of the person concerned shall be obtained in advance.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
JAPEX will not provide or disclose the acquired personal data to a third party unless the prior consent of the person is obtained. However, if any of the following items applies, personal data may be provided to a third party without the prior consent of the person.
- Cases where the provision is required by laws and regulations
- Cases where the provision is necessary for protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and where it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases where the handling of personal information is entrusted to a company, etc. with which JAPEX has entered into a confidentiality agreement with the company to the extent necessary for the achievement of our purpose of use
- Cases where the provision is specially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases where the provision is necessary for cooperating with a government institution or a local public body in executing the operations prescribed by laws, and where obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned
Sharing Personal Information
JAPEX will share the obtained personal data as follows:
- Items of personal data shared: Company name, affiliation, position, work history, name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address
- Scope of parties to share the information: JAPEX and consolidated companies listed in our securities report
- Purposes of use by parties sharing the information: Purposes of use notified to the individual at the time of acquisition of personal information
- Party responsible for the management of personal data shared: Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd.
Handling of Personal Information on Our Website
Cookies can be disabled in your browser settings. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may experience some limitations in the use of our website.
2. Collection of Access History
JAPEX collects the access history of our visitors to our website to measure the performance of our website, to improve its functionality, and as reference information when technical problems occur. In addition, we use a web beacon (a system that embeds very small images in web pages to grasp the number of times visitors visit the site) to collect access history.
The information collected in the access history of our website includes the date and time of the visitor's visit to our website, IP address, browser type and version, pages accessed, and the URL of the website from which the access originated. However, individual visitors cannot be identified based solely on their access history.
Responding to Inquiries and Requests for Disclosure, Correction, and Suspension of Use
If we receive an inquiry from you regarding the handling of your personal information or a request for disclosure, correction, and suspension of use of your personal information, we will respond appropriately and promptly after confirming that the inquiry or request is made by you.
Please contact the following department for inquiries about disclosure, correction, or deletion of personal information.
Administration & Legal Dept., Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd. (JAPEX)
SAPIA Tower, 1-7-12, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005 Japan
Tel: +81-3-6268-7001 (Direct to the Dept.)
* On weekdays from 9:00 to 17:30, except for the New Year's holidays and our foundation anniversary day of the 1st Monday of December