Participation in United Nations Global Compact
In May 2020, JAPEX signed the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) and endorsed ten principles in proposed by the UNGC in four areas: protection of human rights, elimination of unfair labor practices, protection of the environment, and prevention of corruption. Based on the UNGC's ten principles in four areas, we promote our CSR and sustainability activities with the commitment of top management.
We also participate in the subcommittee of the Global Compact Network Japan (GCNJ), which consists of Japanese companies that have signed the UNGC.
The Ten Principals of UNGC
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery
- Related News
- Information on May 29, 2020: JAPEX Participates in the United Nations Global Compact
- Related Sites