Forest Protection Activities
The JAPEX Group is engaged in activities and support for forest maintenance in the vicinity of our offices.
These activities not only address climate change and biodiversity conservation, but also provide an opportunity for each employee to think about their awareness of climate change and environmental issues, as well as the relationship between their company and society.
Afforestation Activities by the JAPEX Group
Since 2005, the JAPEX Group has been involved in afforestation activities at four locations in Hokkaido, Akita, and Niigata prefectures, where our offices are located, and providing support for subsequent management.
- JAPEX Morappu Forest (from 2006)
- Area: About 7.6 ha around Lake Shikotsu at Tomakomai City, Hokkaido Prefecture
- Type and number of trees: About 11,000 saplings of needle-leaf trees
- JAPEX Yuri Forest (from 2005）
- Area: About 4.5 ha at the northern foot of Mt. Chokai, Yurihonjo City, Yurihonjo City, Akita Prefecture
- Type and number of trees: About 8,000 saplings of broad-leaf and needle-leaf trees
- JAPEX Jomon Forest (from 2007)
- Area: A total of 11.9 ha, comprising 4.9 ha of land targeted for tree planting and 7.0 ha of incidental forest on the east side of the western hill area of Nagaoka City, Niigata Prefecture
- Type and number of trees: About 10,000 saplings of broad-leaf trees
- JAPEX Sennenmatsu Forest (from 2007)
- Area: About 6.4 ha around Seiro City, Kitakanbara County, Niigata Prefecture
- Type and number of trees: About 14,800 saplings of needle-leaf and broad-leaf trees
JAPEX Jomon Forest (as of 2020)
Participation in Local Afforestation Activities
Employees of the JAPEX Group have been participating in afforestation activities aimed at greening areas affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake, such as Shinchi Town in Fukushima Prefecture, where the Soma District Office is located, and the Cities of Soma and Minamisoma.
- October 2016: "Donguri (acorn) Project 2016 Tree Planting Festival" in Shinchi Town, Soma District
- November 2017: "The 15th Utsukushima Tree Growing Festival" in the coastal disaster prevention forest improvement site in Shidoke Area, Haramachi, Minamisoma City
- March 2018: "Tree Planting Festival at Tsurushi Disaster Prevention Green Park" in Shinchi Town, Soma District
Greening Activities at Offices
The offices of JAPEX and the JAPEX Group companies are engaged in greening activities on their premises while taking into consideration the ecosystem of the surrounding area.
The flower beds in the Soma District Office were awarded the Grand Prize in fiscal 2019 and the Judge's Special Prize in fiscal 2020 in the "Flower-filled Campaign" of Shinchi Town, Fukushima Prefecture.
Flower beds developed at the Soma District Office (2020)