Russia: Sakhalin 1 Project
This is a project to develop and produce oil and natural gas in the Chayvo, Odoptu, and Arkutun-Dagi fields off the east coast of Sakhalin Island, Russia, with Exxon Neftegas Ltd. as an operator.
JAPEX invests in Sakhalin Oil and Gas Development Co., Ltd. (SODECO), which is a member of the Sakhalin-1 Project.
- In production: crude oil and natural gas
Offshore production facility of Arkutun-Dagi
- Name: Chayvo, Odoptu and Arkutun-Dagi
- Location: Offshore Northeast coast of Sakhalin, Russia
- Operator: Exxon Neftegas Ltd.
- Project Company: Sakhalin Oil and Gas Development Co., Ltd. (SODECO: JAPEX equity-method affiliate, JAPEX investment ratio 15.285%)
- Participating Interest: Exxon Neftegas Ltd.(30%), SODECO (30% / JAPEX net 4.59%）, ONGC Videsh Ltd.(20%）, Sakhalinmorneftegas-Shelf (11.5%）, RN-Astra(8.5%）
Location of Sakhalin1 (Offshore Northeast coast of Sakhalin, Russia)
- June 1995: A production sharing agreement (PSA) was signed between the Russian government and the participating companies.
- October 2005: Started crude oil production at the Chayvo oil and gas field.
- September 2010: Started crude oil production at the Odoptu oil and gas field.
- January 2015: Started crude oil production at the Arkutun Dagi oil and gas field.