Aiming to contribute for further development of the energy sector in Japan, the JAPEX Group is working for policy recommendation including petroleum development and future human resources development, collaborating with joining industrial associations.
JAPEX participates in industrial associations mainly as follows:
- Japan Petroleum Development Association (JPDA)
- Japan Natural Gas Association
In addition, we participate the study groups and consortiums, which organize with public and private sectors in specific matters appropriately.
JAPEX makes policy recommendations concerning inexpensive and stable energy supply in Japan appropriately. Our participating industrial associations also submit the requests to the Agency of Natural Resources and Energy, which is responsible for the energy policies in Japan.
Our business managers and specialists participate in governmental study groups and councils to suggest making policies and systems more effective.
Collaboration with Universities and Research Institutes
The JAPEX Group has been collaborating with universities and research institutes on advanced technical studies for petroleum development and the development of specialized human resources who carry for the future.
As part of the education and human resource development for the oil E&P industry, JAPEX has been dispatching lecturers to training programs at research institutes and industry organizations and has been providing intensive lectures at universities.
To Research Institutes and Industry Organizations
- Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC): Support programs for overseas engineers, specialized technical courses, project courses, and programs for acquiring basic knowledge of the petroleum mining industry
- Japan Petroleum Development Association (JPDA): Basic program for oil and natural gas development
- The Japanese Association for Petroleum Technology (JAPT): "Summer school for petroleum development" as an exchanging place for students majoring in oil exploration and production
To Intensive Lectures at Universities
- Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University: Intensive Lecture on Resource System
- Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University: Special Exercise in Changing Earth and Star Science
- Graduate School of Life Sciences, University of Hyogo: Seminar on Earth Science
- Faculty of Engineering, the University of Tokyo: Third year's student of Energy and Environment Course, Department of Systems Innovation
- Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University: Special Lecture on Advanced Resource and Energy Engineering