Construction of Chofu Biomass Power Plant in Shimonoseki-city, Yamaguchi Prefecture
Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd.
TOKYO ENERGY & SYSTEMS INC.
MOT Research Institute, Ltd.
CHOFU SEISAKUSHO CO., LTD.
KAWASAKI KINKAI KISEN KAISHA, LTD.
Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd. (JAPEX), TOKYO ENERGY & SYSTEMS INC., MOT Research Institute, Ltd., and CHOFU SEISAKUSHO CO., LTD., and KAWASAKI KINKAI KISEN KAISHA, LTD., decided to invest in Chofu Bio-Power LLC (CBP), which is promoting a construction plan of the Chofu Biomass Power Plant (hereinafter "the power plant") in Shimonoseki-city, Yamaguchi Prefecture.
Based on the decision by the five sponsors above and the expected completion of the project finance contract at the end of September 2021, CBP, the business owner, decided today the construction of the power plant in the site owned by CHOFU SEISAKUSHO, located in the Chofuogimachi Industrial Park, Shimonoseki-city, Yamaguchi Prefecture. The power plant is planned to start construction in June 2022 and commence commercial operation in January 2025.
The sponsors will be entrusted with the works related to the power plant from CBP, such as construction management, operation and maintenance, and fuel procurement and transportation. The sponsors will also cooperate and support CBP for building and keeping relationships with local government and neighborhoods. In addition, JAPEX, through its 100% owned subsidiary, will be entrusted with the asset management operations of CBP.
Please refer to the appendix for the outline of CBP and the power plant.
The sponsors, with CBP, will contribute to expanding the use of electricity derived from renewable energy sources with low environmental impact and developing local economies, with the understanding and support from stakeholders of the Shimonoseki area.
1.Outline of the Business Owner
- Name: Chofu Bio-Power LLC
- Incorporation: November 9, 2020
- Head Office: 1-23, Chofuogimachi, Shimonoseki-city, Yamaguchi Prefecture
- Representative: Representative Partner: CITRUS General Incorporated Association, Job Executor: HIRANO Kazutoshi
- Sponsors: Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd. 39.9%, TOKYO ENERGY & SYSTEMS INC. 20.0%, MOT Research Institute, Ltd. 15.1%, CHOFU SEISAKUSHO CO., LTD. 15.0%, KAWASAKI KINKAI KISEN KAISHA, LTD. 10.0%
- Business Description: Construction and management of biomass power plant, biomass power generation, and related businesses
2.Outline of the Power Plant
- Name: Chofu Biomass Power Plant
- Planned Site: 3-4, Chofuogimachi, Shimonoseki-city, Yamaguchi Prefecture
- Land Area: 62,800m2
- Generation Method: Steam Power
- Output Scale: 74,950kW
- Generation Fuel: Wood pellets 100%
- Offtaker: The Chugoku Electric Power Co.,Inc. (Fixed price by FIT for 20 years, 21JPY/kWh for unit sales price)
- Business Owner: Chofu Bio-Power LLC
- Asset Management: Japex Green Energy Co., Ltd. (100% Subsidiary of JAPEX)
Note) Please refer the PDF version for the appendix including image such as the map.
Please note that the information in the news is as of the announcement date and may be subject to change without notice.